Years with actsupport
Average satisfaction rating at the end of Dec 2017. Was 77% before 2014.
Increased from 2014 to 2017
Reduction in helpdesk tickets from 2014 to 2017
Key Tasks Performed:
- Support team – Monitoring, L1, L2 and L3 ticket/chat/phone support
- Order provisioning – Server build, Professional services, Installations and Migrations
- Infra support – Responsible for DC Infrastructure resource management (Compute, Storage, Network)
Key Technologies / Products used:
- VMware virtual DC spanned across Dell, super micro and Cisco UCS Hardware
- Hypervisor – VMware
- Cloud computing platform – Openstack
- Storage – Dell EqualLogic, EMC Isilon, Netapp, Qnap
- Network – Cisco switches/routers, ASA firewall, Mikrotik and Fortigate firewalls
- Backups – Acronis, Backup Exec, Veeam B&R
- Disaster recovery solutions – Zerto, Veeam CC.
About our client
A Los Angeles based Tier 3 data center with fully redundant N+1 capabilities. The data center offers private, public, hybrid cloud solutions to different industries. Client’s infrastructure is built primarily on VMware based virtual data center spanned across state of the art hardware. Client also offers BaaS, DRaaS solutions with DR locations in different geo-locations.
- Client’s IT support incumbent was under performing
- Client had to spend way too much time managing conflicts
- Productivity was being affected by SLA deviations
- IT incumbent team’s lack of focus on upskilling and internal training
- Client wasn’t able to ramp up the support due to non availability of a skilled resource pool for different job responsibilities
How we helped
actsupport is good at providing Level 3 and server maintenance tasks for over a decade in the web hosting industry. We accept all the challenges with the same energy.
When our client approached us, we charted a solution with the right mix of highly skilled techs with cross platform experience and an account manager to handle the transition phase.
- Offered the client with a fully managed IT service solution after complete understanding of their requirements
- All ongoing issues, maintenance, support operations becomes the responsibility of the team and the account manager
- We were allowed to take full ownership of all 1st to 3rd line support covering all support channels phone, tickets/e-mails and live chats
- Our solution liaised with all vendors and product support team on behalf of the client
- At the end of transition we would form a fully operational team with internal wings handling L2/L3support operations, Order provisioning and Infrastructure management
- Our support team working in the delivery center based at India will work 24×7 to handle all operations and work alongside the in-house working during business hours
- Responsibilities of each wing of the support team were drafted in consultation with the client
- Support team will handle all L2/L3 tickets, live chats, phone calls and Monitoring. This team will comprise of techs who are steeped in troubleshooting experience across different OS, applications that run on Linux/Windows. The techs will also offer best customer service experience
- Order provisioning team – This team will comprise of techs who would offer a personalized experience to clients needing professional services and work through a new order until closure. Their primary responsibilities include new server build, installations, migrations and several other tasks
- Infrastructure management – This team comprises of skilled Infrastructure engineers who are responsible for managing the physical and virtual infrastructure and handle internal projects. They will be responsible for managing compute, storage, Networking resources. They will also work with development team on automation projects
After actsupport services started, the overall customer satisfaction rate increased to 98.8%, revenue increased by 57.5% and the ticket volume saw a decrease of 41%.
- The fully managed IT solution we offered led to high degree of efficiency throughout the organization and improved investor experience
- There is no need for the client to make interventions or micromanage as our solution ensured we have right people to handle almost any needs be it informed or ad-hoc
- Within months of transition client was able to witness high positive ratings and feedbacks coming through different support channels
- Client was able to ramp up the team whenever they felt there’s a business need based on new orders that were coming their way
- Since the client was able to source talents for all their requirements they were able to reduce IT support costs by 35%
The 3+ years of relationship has seen a progressive growth in several areas and actsupport has become the most trusted and reliable service provider for the client.