Below are the information that relates to adding and removing VLAN IDs to and from a portgroup when the following symptoms are observed.
- Loss of network connectivity to and from the host
- Loss of connectivity to associated portgroups in the network
To change the VLAN ID using the vSphere Web Client:
- Invoke the vSphere Web Client, navigate to the host.
- On the Manage tab, click Networking, and select Virtual switches.
- Select a standard switch from the list that is shown up.
- In the topology diagram of the switch, click the name of the port group.
- Click Edit butting under the topology diagram title.
- Under the Properties section, Configure VLAN tagging in the VLAN ID drop-down menu.
To change the VLAN ID using the vSphere Client or VMware Infrastructure Client:
- Click the ESXi host and click “Configuration” tab.
- Click the Networking link.
- Click Properties next to virtual switch that serves the portgroup to be modified.
- Click the portgroup in the list and click Edit.
- Enter the appropriate value in the VLAN ID field
- Finally Click OK.
Here is a related post you maybe interested in: Vmware – Unable to operate a ESX host with locked disk