nopcommerce is the free ASP.NET cross-platform based shopping cart that works with MS SQL server 2012 (or higher) backend database. It allows creating a shopping cart by providing a catalog frontend and an administration tool backend.
To explain this better, we will use the below example on how to set up the cart using the Plesk control panel.
Steps to set up the cart using the Plesk control panel
Step 1: Upload and install the site on www.cart1.com. It is the only place where the files and DLLs nopCommerce are stored.
Step2: From the control panel of www.cart2.com (That is, your hosting control panel, not the nopCommerce administration area) ensure that all requests to www.cart2.com are forwarded (not redirected) to www.cart1.com. Perform this using CNAME records. This step is crucial.
Step3: Now from the control panel of www.cart1.com, configure a domain alias for www.cart2.com. After completing the steps above, when accessing www.cart2.com from your browser, the content of www.cart1.com will be displayed.
Step4: Then configure the stores in the nopCommerce administration area and you can start uploading the content for both stores. This is described below.
The process to be performed from the Plesk Control Panel below, as follows:
When www.cart2.com is redirected to www.cart1.com, the webserver for the Plesk does not know how to display www.cart2.com since it uses Name-Based Virtual Hosting. Therefore, you must create a domain alias for www.cart2.com, as described below:
• Log in to the domain panel of www.cart1.com, either directly or via the Open in Control Panel link from the server administration panel.
• From the Websites & Domains tab, then select -> Add New Domain Alias link near the bottom of the tab.
• Enter the full alias. For example – www.cart2.com.
• Ensure the Web service option is selected.
• The Mail service is optional. Check this option if you want emails from www.cart2.com to be redirected similarly.
• Now, ensure the Synchronize DNS zone with the primary domain option is unchecked.
Hope this helps you. If you need any assistance you can Contact Us.
Read: Manually updating traffic and disk usage for all clients in Plesk
For more updates follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn