1. Upload migration agent and modules to the source server.
For example for Parallels Plesk Panel, there are two folders:
“/usr/local/psa/PMM/agents/shared” and “/usr/local/psa/PMM/agents/PleskX”.
Use the command below to copy the Migration Manager:
destination ~# scp -r /usr/local/psa/PMM/agents/shared/* /usr/local/psa/PMM/agents/PleskX/* root@source:temporary_migration_directory/
2. Login to source server and change to directory
Run migration agent (PleskX.pl) with parameter –help to get all available options of the migration agent. Start dumping with options you need. For example:
source ~# cd /temporary_migration_directory
temporary_migration_directory ~# chmod 755 PleskX.pl
temporary_migration_directory ~# ./PleskX.pl –dump-all
3. This will create dump configuration file dump.xml and content dump archives in current directory /temporary_migration_directory.
4. On the destination server create directory /work_dir and copy file dump.xml from /temporary_migration_directory to it.:
source ~# scp /temporary_migration_directory/dump.xml root@destination:/work_dir/
5. On destination Parallels Plesk Panel 9 dump.xml and all other content files should locate in the same directory. So copy all other files into /work_dir/:
source ~# scp -r /temporary_migration_directory/* root@destinationPPP9:/work_dir/
6. Deploy the data through Parallels Plesk Panel GUI.
Login to Parallels Plesk Panel (PPP) as administrator and change to the
Migration Manager page. The page is Home -> Migration Manager in PPP version 9.x
Click button “Start a new migration” and “Transfer data already processed by the migration agent and
located on the local host.” in PPP version 9.x.
In version 9.x put location of dump.xml file in the “Migration data file location” field. It should be /work_dir/dump.xml.
Information to be noted
In Parallels Plesk Panel version 9 restoration logs of manual migration are located on page Backup Manager at Home -> Backup Manager. So that is normal that you you see the Home page after specifying “Migration data file location” and click Next.