VMware Cloud on AWS is the world’s most powerful integrated hybrid cloud offering. It is most suitable for enterprise IT infrastructure and operations firms, looking to migrate their on-premises vSphere-based workloads to the public cloud. Organizations can consolidate and extend their data center capacities, and also optimize, simplify and modernize their disaster recovery solutions.
It brings VMware’s enterprise-class Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC) software to the AWS cloud, so you can skip the hassles of learning new skills and managing new tools, while enjoying the benefits of the cloud.
The interesting fact is that you can add new innovations effortlessly to your enterprise applications by natively integrating AWS infrastructure and platform capabilities such as AWS Lambda, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Amazon S3, Elastic Load Balancing, etc.
Organizations can simplify their Hybrid IT operations by using the same VMware Cloud Foundation technologies including vSphere, vSAN, NSX, and vCenter Server across their on-premises data centers. With adoption of VMware Cloud on AWS you can migrate, run, and protect production workloads at scale to deliver your business outcomes.
- Increased Innovation
- Simplified Operations
- Reduced Costs
- Enhanced Availability
Manage resources on VMware Cloud on AWS
You can use the same management tools you use today. You can create vSphere data centers on AWS. A vCenter Server instance is deployed as part of every VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC. You can connect to this vCenter Server instance to manage your VMware Cloud on AWS clusters. A VMware Cloud Web Console is provided and it is allowed for common task such as the add / remove hosts, configure firewalls and other basic networking settings.
Note : Tools that require plug-ins or extensive vSphere permissions may not function properly in VMware Cloud on AWS.
With VMware Cloud on AWS, you can leverage AWS’s breadth of services, including compute, databases, analytics, Internet of Things (IoT), security, mobile, deployment, application services, and more.
10 cool features of VMware Cloud on AWS
1. Add Hosts Button : one click to unbox, rack, cable up, and install ESXi hosts
2. Hybrid Cloud Extension : You can migrate live VM’s without changing the IP address! .It alos creates an optimized tunnel to move VM’s up to 50% faster. Completely software based, no additional hardware required!
3. It’s running on bare metal hardware : Experience the same performance running your VM’s in the cloud too.
4. Integrated Chat support : Anytime, even after hours, you can chat with support and get things resolved quickly.
5. Developer Center : Test API calls right from the UI, download code samples and SDK’s from one place.
6. Avoid cross VPC egress charges, while you use Amazon Services from your VM’s in VMware cloud on AWS.
7. Long distance vMotion : Move any on-prem VM to and from VMware Cloud on AWS.
8. Firewall rules accelerator : Now you can have template for all the firewall rules you needed to setup for a particular product or service.
9. The roadmap is public : You can Filer the criteria to the features that matter most to you.
10. HTML 5 vSphere Client : Fully featured HTML 5 vSphere client.
VMware Cloud on AWS – updates and capabilities
- A high-storage capacity option with VMware vSAN utilizing Amazon Elastic Block Store (Amazon EBS)
- 50% lower entry-level price with new three-host SDDC minimum configuration
- Accelerated, predictable live migration of thousands of VMs
- Migration assessment with Cost Insight, now part of VMware Cloud on AWS core service
- VMware NSX/AWS Direct Connect integration for simplified, high-performance connectivity Custom CPU core counts
- Secure data with native, software-based vSAN encryption for data at rest with AWS Key Management Service (KMS)
- Application-centric security and micro-segmentation with VMware NSX
- Granular network visibility for monitoring, security, and troubleshooting with flow- and packet-level visibility
- Enhanced connectivity within SDDCs enables automation and partner solutions
- Real-Time log management included at no additional cost.
Hope you liked it. We provide Virtualization Support , click on the link to get glimpses on what we do.