Network monitoring tools are very important for an IT specialist to examine the health of the system. When there is a massive list of Monitoring Tools to get you started, you might find it difficult to make a final choice. Here we will take you through the Zabbix Vs LibreNMS Monitoring Tools that are widely used.
Zabbix is considered as the all in one monitoring software tool with a clean dashboard. It is compatible with Linux / Unix systems and also with Windows and Solaris systems. Zabbix provides a lot of flexibility to define the options you want and the best part is, this open-source software is free of charge, Isn’t that great!
Based on past trends, Zabbix can fix issues automatically as and when they occur. Zabbix can detect network issues and function lags according to the framework you use like ICMP, SNMP, and TCP.
Let’s see the main features of Zabbix.
- You can integrate Zabbix with third-party tools
- Supports Linux, Solaris, BSD, IBM AIX, IBM Power8, HP-UX and MacOS
- an Open Source Product
- Keeps track of activity on your network
- With its Single pane of glass, you can visualization everything in a single view
- You can compare indicators of success with less work, as it gathers metrics from multiple platforms
- Zabbix is free of cost
- You need manual configuration to set it up, this can sometimes appear difficult to configure
- You can customize your message and can define service levels for notifications
If you are looking for a fully-featured network monitoring system then, you can choose LibreNMS, as it provides you plenty of features and device support. The setup process is quite easy as LibreNMS can automatically discover individual devices and end-points using various protocols like CDP, FDP, LLDP, OSPF, BGP, SNMP, and ARP.
With customized alerts, you can keep track of your system. LibreNMS is an efficient open-source with its quick response program. Now let’s check its features.
- In addition to virtual machines, LibreNMS can be integrated with Android and iOS apps.
- No time lap in adding individual devices to be monitored.
- LibreNMS is free of cost
- You can install on Linux systems with Apache and PHP
- You can configure LibreNMS either using the command line interface or through the web interface.
- Default alerting in LibreNMS makes it a fully-fledged network monitoring solution
- Using various methods (such as SNMP, Syslog, with agents, etc) you can monitor Applications, IT systems, Linux machined, network devices, etc
- LibreNMS is PHP/MySQL based network monitoring system
You can identify any malfunctions to security threats etc using both the tools. While you choose a monitoring tool make sure that you choose in a way that the tool supports all network components including routers, switches, servers, applications, etc.
Before choosing a monitoring tool you must have a clear understanding of the needs of your company. Check whether you need closed-source or open-source software. You need to check its Scalability and cost as well.
You can also check: Steps to Install LibreNMS on CentOS 8 / RHEL 8